Warranty, Returns and Other Information:
With Domestic Appliances 4U, you automatically receive 12 months free warranty on all our products; eBay & Amazon customers automatically receive 12 months free warranty on all products.
Our warranty covers repair (if possible and within 20 miles of Grantham, NG31 7UH), exchange for equivalent product (if we don’t have the exact one in stock*) or collection and full refund (if we are not able to repair or find you a suitable replacement).
* All our items are ‘uniquely graded’. As such, they are listed individually with a unique condition description and include photos specific to that particular item. It may not always be possible to replace the exact make & model with the same degree of cosmetic imperfections. Our stock policy is ‘when its gone, its gone’ which is the very nature of graded or refurbished stock; We will however offer you an "as good as" replacement or your money back.
Manufacturers’ warranty applies to brand new appliances purchased at the full recommended retail price through participating stockists of the manufacturers’ brand. It does not apply to appliances purchased through secondary or private sales, such as this. You may even find that the manufacturers label indicating model and serial number has been removed from the appliance to prevent the item from being registered.
If your product develops a fault, please call us in the first instance on 0300 303 8280 so we can arrange a consultation with a qualified engineer.
Things to note:
Our 12 month warranty begins from the purchase date of your initial order item.
Please also note that our warranties only cover domestic use; items for use in commercial properties might not be covered.
- Repair costs caused by external factors such as computer viruses, faulty software, fire, theft, and weather (including lightning damage)
- Accidental damage, for example if your item has been dropped. You may find that this type of damage is covered by your household contents insurance policy
- Consumables such as batteries, ink cartridges, storage media, rear projection television bulbs, fuses, light bulbs etc.
- If the product has been used commercially or for business purposes
- Cosmetic items such as cabinet trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected
- Unblocking drainage channels in refrigeration equipment
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product, and failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the insured product
If you choose to cancel your order up to any point before the item is despatched this is not a problem at all. The order will be cancelled and refunded straightaway.
If, however, you cancel your order after it has already been collected by the Transport Company, then there is a cost involved with the return of that item to our premises. We will ask the transport company to return the item to us and as soon as we receive it back on site then we will credit your order, but we will have to deduct £50 transport cost from your refund, plus the initial delivery charge for the item in question.
Changed your mind?
If you have changed your mind within 30 days of receipt and no longer wish to have the item, then we will accept the return as long as the item is still in good condition and adequately packaged to withstand the return journey. For simplicity we are happy to arrange the return journey with our regular transport company. We will refund the item as we receive it back on site in good condition but we will have to deduct the £50 transport cost from your refund, plus the initial delivery charge from the item in question.
If your appliance appears to be faulty please follow the troubleshooting information in the Manufacturers instruction book before contacting us.
We need to be informed (via e-mail or phone) within 7 days of delivery of the faulty appliance. We can then arrange a replacement either if we have one in stock or chose one from our website (may incur a charge/refund if appliance is higher/lower in value) - we will inform you the time frame for this.
After 7 days if the appliance is not functioning correctly we reserve the right for an engineer from the manufacturer to inspect the appliance and repair as necessary. You are entitled to refuse any repair within the first 30 days of owning the appliance but it has to be proved the appliance was faulty via an engineer’s report. The engineer must either declare the appliance not fit for purpose or faulty on the report, in which case we can arrange an uplift and either arrange an exchange or refund. Manufacturers may charge for any faults caused by incorrect installations.
Please note that if you collected the item, you must return the item to the same place as where you purchased it from to receive the repair/replacement service. If you require us to collect the product, you may be asked to pay an additional collection charge.
You should inspect products upon delivery immediately and refuse delivery if there is any visible damage. If this is not possible then you must sign for the delivery *UNCHECKED* and report any damages within 7 days. If the item is a parcel delivery, it is your responsibility to inspect the appliances before signing. Please remember that when you sign for items you are signing to say you have received them in good condition and in doing so you have waived the right to return them as damaged. All returned items must not be installed or used in any way and must be in their original packing.
You waive your right to a replacement or refund if any damages are reported after 7 days of delivery as it is difficult to prove who was responsible for the damage after this period.
If you choose to send the appliances back to our warehouse with another delivery company, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage in transit.
If your return item results in a refund, then your refund will be completed once and only when the appliance arrives at our depot and is verified by a member of our quality team. Refunds take between 2-3 working days to complete.
WEEE Collection & Disposal of your old appliance
If you would like us to collect and dispose of your old appliance, then please let us know by adding this service in your shopping cart pre checkout. We can co-ordinate this with the delivery of your new appliance for just £15.00.
Please ensure that the item that requires disposal is unplugged, uninstalled and empty ready for the drivers to collect.
We will not be liable for any engineer booking charges due to late deliveries. Please do not book an engineer until you have received your product.
Any questions, please call us on 0300 303 8280.